We are now offering 1-1 mindful mother/parenthood sessions in Calgary! For both mothers/fathers or couples. Mindfulness has been shown to help people stay present in their lives, decrease prenatal and postpartum anxiety and depression.
Some of what we will explore:
- The ways distress during parenting affects you and how this impacts the way you feel about yourself as a parent
- Ways to stay in the moment during difficult parenting moments, instead of reacting in your typical ways
- How to learn and practice self-compassion
- Look at different ways to plan for the future that allow flexibility
- The impact of postpartum or prenatal depression or anxiety and ways to cope while pregnant or caring for baby
- Increase chances for “healing and transformation in meeting the pain we face” (Jeff Brantley, MD).
- Practicing mindfulness daily and how to do this!
- How to stay out of the past and future, and be in the ‘right now’ for you and your children
- Homework and exercises will be tailored to individuals needs/hopes for the sessions